Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Explanation

Hey. So, I searched my soul, and I decided it would inexcusable not to blog while in Europe. That said, I just can't take a blog very seriously.

Here's where I'm coming from: Suppose I sit down and write a blog about my life. It would be just about as interesting as if I did that in Pittsburgh. As my friend, you would feel mildly obligated to read my blog. "Hey, Rubin's in Europe! I gotta hit up his blog, know exactly what's going down in his life!" Pshh. Yeah right. Obviously you'd check my blog regularly at the outset. Maybe you'd read my first two posts. Then you'd start skimming through them, feigning interest. Eventually, you'd start wondering why you even bother. And since I couldn't stand to cause my friends overwhelming guilt and grief, I might delete the blog to ease your pain. In any case, I wouldn't blame you, even if I did expect you to hang onto my every word.

But I figure I'll keep it as interesting as I can. I'm going to make stuff up. So when you read about alien invasions, sagas of seduction, etc, only believe ninety-five percent of it. But the majority of these posts will be genuine.

I finally got my housing address today. Veritably, I got my address today. As I got a homestay (whew, sigh of a relief/joy), I won't be giving out that address to non-family members until I actually meet my host parents.

Oh, I still don't leave for Aix-en-Provence for almost two weeks. I have a short layover in Amsterdam (scarily short, I hope I can get through customs fast enough). If you're wondering. I'm all set, if not packed. And now you're up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment