Sunday, May 1, 2011

Morsels

Bordeaux, so long ago.
What can I still know?

It was over two weeks ago that I sojourned there, and since I have been to Carcassonne, back to Aix, and then through Italy. But more on that in the coming days.

!My Mom, came to France, after the rain, took a train.

5 hours aboard and one more.

Classical Architecture. Red Wine.

Took a tour, what a bore.
Tour guide spoke French, and English with a heavy French accent. I could understand the French better, but it was exhausting to be listening for the wrong language whenever he switched tongues.
There were no oral cues.

But we saw the city.



Another tour, this one of fine wine.
Lady here spoke French and English too, but with much greater difference in accent. It was still too much for me, and I passed out on the bus. I was awake to stroll around the vineyards.

Wandered the city with my Mom. Realized how little gastronomic French I understand, cause of great friction. Reflecting, I understand Italian menus almost as well. (Lasagna, Ravioli, Panini, Pizza, Spaghetti, what on Earth are they talking about?)




Beautiful city, no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment